AR/VR

     A really exciting emerging technology that I honestly hadn't considered much as being part of the Communications field is AR/VR (Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality). Of course I had heard about Facebook's Meta, but considering what I know about that particular company, I was honestly a little worried about the concept as a whole. I was reluctant to trust something that promised even more dissociation from reality than what technology could already offer. However, we had a fascinating presentation in class from someone who works in the industry and she presented it as a way to integrate technology with art, and it definitely got me excited about the possibilities. 

    Her presentation included incredible visuals of art pieces that were set in major cities and could only be viewed through your phone. I think it would be so fascinating to see spaces that we recognize be used in a totally different way. It's also so interesting to see creativity showcased in such a creative way! With all new technologies there are risks, and I wouldn't want AR/VR to take too big a role in our lives. I think if we apply what we now know about new technology and maintain a certain amount of mindfulness as this technology grows, we can create something that is truly unique and beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Detox

The Social Dilemma